Legacy Employee Emergency Assistance Fund
As we all know, Hurricane Harvey had a catastrophic impact across Southeast Texas, including the Greater Houston and Beaumont areas served by Legacy. Many of your fellow employees lost homes, vehicles, and property in the flooding, and need our help reclaiming their lives. Legacy’s core values include Devotion to Our Communities and that begins with caring for our own. We pride ourselves on being good neighbors, and there has never been a time in Legacy’s history when this has been more important.
The new Legacy Employee Emergency Assistance Fund will provide financial assistance to active full- and part-time employees
- who have lost or been temporarily displaced from their primary residence by Hurricane Harvey
- who have suffered catastrophic property loss because of Hurricane Harvey
- who have lost their primary automobile/vehicle
Eligible employees may apply for grants of up to $1,000. They may also request to cash-out up to 40 hours of PTO time. Employees, their families, and board members may donate to the fund. Legacy will match up $50,000 in donations. Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
How to apply for assistance
If you need assistance completing this form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about more storm recovery resources available to Legacy employees.
How to donate
Your contribution to the Legacy Emergency Employee Assistance Fund will help your coworkers recover and rebuild from this life-changing event. You may donate:
- by credit card
- with your cell phone by texting “Legacy Gives” to 832-639-6066
- by check, made payable to Legacy Community Health – Employee Assistance Fund, Attn: Development and mailed to Legacy Community Health, P.O. Box 66308, Houston, TX 77266-6308
Donations of PTO hours are not accepted. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent of the law.