PrEP for Individuals
Contact Legacy today. Call (713) 814-3300. Ask to learn more about PrEP.
HIV positive diagnoses are on the rise. Now there’s PrEP, a daily medication that helps prevent the spread and transmission of HIV. It’s time to take action. It’s time to own your health with PrEP.
What is PrEP?
- PrEP stands for pre-exposure prophylaxis. It is used in combination with other safer sex practices to reduce the risk of sexually acquired HIV in high-risk adults.
What does getting PrEPped require?
- You’d need to have labs drawn, insurance verified OR get health care financial assistance through Legacy’s eligibility department. Then, you’ll attend an appointment with a medical provider and fill your prescription for PrEP.
- A HIV test is required every 3 months in order to remain on the regimen.
- You’ll need to attend scheduled doctors appointments to remain on the regimen.
- You’ll have to OWN IT, and remember it’s your responsibility to ensure PrEP prescription refills are filled in a timely manner.
What else should I do to stay PrEPped?
- Be aware that adherence to PrEP is important, and taking the prescribed medication every day as directed is an important component of PrEP.
- Practicing safer sex and using condoms is important, because PrEP does not protect against sexually transmitted infections or prevent pregnancy.