PrEP for Individuals
Contact Legacy today. Call at (832) 548 5221 in Houston and (409) 242 2619 in Beaumont. Ask to learn more about PrEP.
HIV positive diagnoses are on the rise. Now there’s PrEP, a daily medication that helps prevent the spread and transmission of HIV. It’s time to take action. It’s time to own your health with PrEP.
What is PrEP?
- PrEP stands for pre-exposure prophylaxis. It is used in combination with other safer sex practices to reduce the risk of sexually acquired HIV in high-risk adults.
What does getting PrEPped require?
- You’d need to have labs drawn, insurance verified OR get health care financial assistance through Legacy’s eligibility department. Then, you’ll attend an appointment with a medical provider and fill your prescription for PrEP.
- A HIV test is required every 3 months in order to remain on the regimen.
- You’ll need to attend scheduled doctors appointments to remain on the regimen.
- You’ll have to OWN IT, and remember it’s your responsibility to ensure PrEP prescription refills are filled in a timely manner.
What else should I do to stay PrEPped?
- Be aware that adherence to PrEP is important, and taking the prescribed medication every day as directed is an important component of PrEP.
- Practicing safer sex and using condoms is important, because PrEP does not protect against sexually transmitted infections or prevent pregnancy.