Patient-Centered Medical Home
What does it mean that Legacy is a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)?
- We are available when you need us with same-day appointments and our afterhours on-call service.
- We ask about your personal or family situation and suggest treatment options based on your lifestyle goals.
- Our team answers your questions and helps you better understand your health care needs.
- We provide equal access to health care regardless of your ability to pay.
- We help find potential sources of insurance coverage.
- When services are required at other facilities, Legacy will assist in coordinating that care.
- We work with you based on recognized standards (evidence based guidelines) to provide you with a high level of care and the ability to support your unique health care needs.
- Video for more information about PCMH
Legacy has achieved the highest level of recognition under the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
NCQA™ President Margaret E. O’Kane said, “Recognition shows that Legacy Community Health has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, at the right time.”
The following locations have earned the PCMH designation Level 3, the highest level of recognition.
- Lyons Clinic
- Southwest Clinic
- Baker-Ripley Clinic
- Mapleridge Clinic
- Bissonnet Clinic
- San Jacinto Clinic
What can I do to get the most out of my visit?
- Make a list of your questions.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of other health care providers you have visited, including emergency rooms or hospitals.
- Make a list of all medications you take (over-the counter drugs, herbal supplements, vitamins).
- Bring your insurance or eligibility information.
- Provide any other health care providers with information about your Legacy provider.
- Contact Legacy at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment in the event you need to cancel.