Requesting Your Records
Legacy Community Health (Legacy) respects the health information rights of its patients (and their applicable guardians/legal representatives, if any), including the right to access their protected health information.
Release of (medical record and/or billing) Information (ROI) requests submitted to Legacy are processed by the HealthMark Group.
HealthMark Group is a third party business associate of Legacy’s that provides a dedicated team to focus solely on releasing Legacy’s medical and/or billing records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
For questions about an ROI previously submitted, please contact the HealthMark Group, toll-free at 800-659-4035, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legacy patients can submit a request for records with HealthMark (online) or to Legacy directly.
- Submit to HealthMark online by registering an account on HealthMark’s website (link below). Once registered, utilize the Submit Request option to complete an authorization, which allows you to send or receive a copy of the requested records in electronic form. Please note that HealthMark does not accept requests directly from non-patient third parties.
- Submit to Legacy by printing or downloading the ROI – Release of Information Authorization form (available below) to complete, sign, and return to Legacy. Legacy will then forward your request to HealthMark for processing. To submit your completed and signed ROI to Legacy, you may use any of the following methods:
a) Fax: 832-548-5092
b) Email: email@example.com
c) Mail: Legacy Community Health
ATTN: Release of Information
P.O. Box 66308
Houston, TX 77266
d) In person: to the Legacy clinic nearest you
Once submitted, your request will be forwarded to HealthMark for processing.
The ROI form allows you to:
- Request a copy of health records for yourself/those for whom you have the legal authority to make such a request; and
- Either receive the copy of the health records yourself or indicate a third party that you desire to receive the copy
PLEASE NOTE: To assure you receive the requested health records in a timely manner, it is extremely important that the ROI form be completed accurately and thoroughly. A lack of information could result in a delay in processing your request.
HealthMark works to respond to all ROIs in a timely manner. Patients can expect to receive the requested records within five (5) business days of the date Legacy receives an accurately and thoroughly completed ROI. Any necessary corrections or clarifications may extend the process.
All questions about submitted ROIs should be directed to the HealthMark Group. To discuss the details of your request, call HealthMark Customer Service, toll-free, at 800-659-4035. You can also ask about the status of your request by emailing your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 1-2 days from the submission date to allow for initial processing.
- HealthMark Customer Service: (800) 659-4035
- HealthMark Check Status (email): email@example.com