At-Home HIV Testing
Is At-Home HIV testing right for me?
At-Home Rapid HIV testing is a fast and accurate way to know your HIV status at the time and place of your choosing. At-Home Rapid HIV testing would not be right for you if:
- You’re living with HIV or are on treatment for HIV;
- You’ve had potential exposure to HIV within the last 72 hours; or
- You’re having symptoms of acute HIV infection.
In addition, At-Home Rapid HIV testing may not be right for you if:
- You don’t have a safe place to take the test;
- You don’t have a temperature-controlled place to store the test kit until you’re ready to use it; or
- You’re not sure how you’d react to your test result and would prefer to be tested in the presence of an HIV professional.
Legacy has other free rapid HIV testing options available in the clinic. Please call (832) 548 5221 to learn more.
How does At-Home HIV testing at Legacy work?
- Request a callback from a Legacy representative by completing this form.
- A Legacy representative will contact you by phone to conduct a screening and review the process for using an at-home rapid HIV test.
- An At-Home rapid HIV test will be mailed to you, free of charge with instructions for taking the test and reading your results.
- Then a previously scheduled, in-person visit or telemedicine appointment will be held to discuss your test results, answer questions and concerns, and to connect you to Legacy’s services such as PrEP.
Click here for a video on how to use the At-Home OraQuick ADVANCE® Rapid HIV-1/2 Test.
Test kits are subject to availability.
Click the button to start the process for a FREE At-Home Rapid HIV test. One of Legacy’s HIV specialists will contact you shortly.