Pediatric Telehealth & Telemedicine
Legacy understands you may not be able to always leave home. This does not mean that you need to miss important checkups and appointments for your children! Legacy is offering pediatric visits with a therapist or doctor via a smartphone or computer, including sick visits and behavioral health counseling.
- You should set up for your appointment in a space that is quiet, has good lighting and an adequate internet signal.
- Please do not drive during your appointment.
- We recommend joining your online appointment 10 minutes early. If a patient has not joined within 10 minutes before or after the scheduled time, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Technical support is available at (713) 814 3400 between 8 am and 5 pm.
- The Legacy provider can choose to reschedule for an in-person visit if the patient incorrectly schedules a telemedicine appointment. For a list of examples of what can and can’t be addressed during a telemedicine visit, please see the following:
Video visits for complaints that can be addressed via telemed:
- Cold / cough / URI without shortness of breath
- Flu symptoms without shortness of breath
- COVID symptoms without shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- UTI symptoms without vaginal discharge (adult females only)
- Behavioral Risk Assessment
- Mild Anxiety/ Depression
- Mild abdominal pain
- GERD-reflux or heartburn for anyone under 40 years of age
- OB patients with cold symptoms, nausea / vomiting, generalized itching only (no vaginal issues)
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- STD exposure
- STD screening
- Pink eye / styes only (other vision complaints need in-person visit)
- Cold sores
- Headaches (If not severe or with emergency symptoms)
- Limited medication refills for some medications (at a Legacy provider’s discretion & not for a controlled substance. May be referred to your primary care provider)
- Acute back pain (if not severe or more than 60 years old)
Exclusions to telemedicine / should see primary care provider in person:
- Patients who refuse telemed visits
- Patients already seen via telemed but not are improving, should see their primary care provider
- Patients already seen at a Legacy clinic the same day as a telemedicine appointment for same complaint cannot book more than 1 visit on the same day for same issue
- Patients with any shortness of breath or other emergency symptoms (severe headache, chest pain, loss of consciousness, heavy bleeding, stroke symptoms, etc.)
- UTI symptoms, pediatric or male
- Complicated behavioral health (not improving, bipolar, schizophrenia, etc.) need to see a behavioral health provider
- Abdominal pain that is severe depends on triage and may be referred to ER
- OB patients or vaginal DC or other vaginal complaints
- OB patients with emergency symptoms
- Ear complaints
- Dizziness, mental status changes, insomnia
- Pain- management or conditions that cause new / severe pain, chronic pain
- Medication refills (controlled substances, HIV meds, hormones or treating excluded conditions)
- Pediatric fever under 4 years of age
- Any pediatric patient under 12 months
- Trauma / injury may be referred to ER
- Vaginal bleeding / discharge
- Erectile dysfunction
- Genital lesions or breast pain
- Pediatric asthma
- Other eye issues than pink eye or styes, especially with vision changes-may need PCP or eye doctor.
Pediatric Sick Visits Without Leaving Home!
Appointments Available and New Patients Welcome!
Staying home does not mean you need to miss out on Legacy’s high quality care for your children. Our Pediatricians are available through a smartphone or computer!
- Sick visits from your home, no traveling to the clinic
- The same expert health care providers you see in our clinics
- Seeing existing and new patients from newborn to young adult, including our School-Based Health Care patients
- Appointments available in English and Spanish
Pediatric Behavioral Health – Counseling for Children Right from Home!
We know this is a difficult time and even more so for children. That’s why our highly caring pediatric therapists are making counseling available right from your home! All you need is a smartphone or computer. Telehealth brings our expert care to your home. No need to travel!
- Licensed professional counselors
- Experts in treating anxiety, depression, behavioral problems, and more
- Treating children of all ages
- English and Spanish-language counseling
- No need to travel, receive care via phone or computer
Appointments Available and New Patients Welcome! Legacy accepts most HMOs/PPOs, Medicaid and CHIP. Legacy also utilizes a sliding scale fee to lower the cost of services for uninsured patients.