- Asthma/chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), assuming not in exacerbation
- Chronic kidney disease
- Any condition your physician has pre-approved for TeleMed follow-up
Adult Telehealth & Telemedicine (Virtual Health Care Visits)
Appointments Available and New Patients Welcome!
Staying home does not mean you need to miss out on Legacy’s high quality care. Our physicians and clinicians are available through a smartphone, tablet or computer!
- The same expert health care physicians and clinicians you see in our clinics
- Visits from anywhere, no traveling to the clinic (if testing is required, you must visit a clinic or drive-up testing site)
- Available for existing and new patients
- English and Spanish
Tips for a successful virtual visit:
- Check your email and spam folder for the Zoom link
- Join your online appointment 10 minutes early. If a patient has not joined within 10 minutes before or after the scheduled time, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Make sure you are in a space that is quiet, private, has good lighting and an adequate internet signal.
- Please do not drive during your appointment.
- Technical support is available at (713) 814 3400 between 8 am and 5 pm.
Please note the following prior to making a virtual appointment:
- Patients already seen via telemedicine but who are not improving should schedule an in-person appointment.
- Patients may not book more than one visit (in-person and virtual) on the same day for the same condition.
- If the Legacy clinician determines that the virtual visit should be an in-person visit, they will reschedule it.
For a list of examples of what can and can’t be addressed during a telemedicine visit, please see the following:
Schedule Appointment Telemedicine User guide
Video: Adult and Pediatric Telehealth Guide
Can I schedule a telemedicine visit?
- Behavioral Health
- Behavioral risk assessment
- Mild anxiety, depression
- Cold symptoms
- Generalized itching (no vaginal issues)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sexual Health
- STD exposure and screening
- Sick Care
- Acute back pain (if not severe or more than 60 years old)
- Cold, cough, upper respiratory infection (URI) without shortness of breath
- Cold sores
- Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- COVID-19 symptoms without shortness of breath
- Flu symptoms without shortness of breath
- GERD-reflux or heartburn for anyone under 40 years of age
- Headaches (If not severe or with emergency symptoms)
- Hives and rashes
- Mild abdominal pain
- Pink eye, styes (other vision complaints need in-person visit)
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infections (UTI) symptoms without vaginal discharge
- Medication refills for some medications (at a Legacy clinician’s discretion and not for a controlled substance).
- Behavioral health
- Complicated behavioral health (not improving, bipolar, schizophrenia, etc.)
- Mental status changes
- Emergency symptoms
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding, discharge, other vaginal complaints
- Sexual health
- Genital lesions
- Sick care
- Abdominal pain that is severe
- Breast pain
- Ear complaints
- Erectile dysfunction
- Eye issues other than pink eye or styes, especially with vision changes
- Pain-management or conditions that cause new or severe pain, chronic pain
- Physical trauma, injury
- Shortness of breath or other emergency symptoms (severe headache, chest pain, loss of consciousness, heavy bleeding, stroke symptoms, etc.)
- Medication refills for controlled substances, HIV medications, hormones or treating conditions excluded from virtual appointments
Put Out Mommy Burnout!
Moms may seem like they have it all together, but they may need more help ...
How does your immune system work?
What’s going on inside our bodies that protects us from sickness? By Barrett White Your ...
Have you checked out your library?
Need a place to study or learn a new skill? Your local libraries got you ...