COVID-19 Updates: Legacy clinics are open and we’re taking extra steps every day to ensure their cleanliness – and the health and safety of our patients and staff.
To schedule an immediate appointment new patients can visit our locations page or call (832) 548 5000.
Legacy’s Frost Eye Clinic offers a complete range of high-quality, highly professional services and products designed to help everyone in the community look at their world in a better, clearer way.
Our doctors focus not only on improving and protecting your sight, but also on enhancing and enriching your well-being. By connecting our communities to health every day, in every way, we can ensure that you see and enjoy every beautiful, memorable moment of your life.
The clinic originated in 1995 when Monte Frost made a significant donation to the Montrose Clinic to start a CMV screening clinic. CMV retinitis had become the most common cause of blindness in the HIV community, and people who were infected with HIV – and did not have insurance – had no place to go for diagnosis and screening for CMV retinitis. This was the first HIV-specific eye clinic in Houston.
From those beginnings, the clinic grew to provide services that are open to anyone – regardless of their ability to pay – and now include:
- Eye examinations – a thorough evaluation of your vision and the health of your eyes
- Diabetic vision screens – the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of damage to the eyes related to diabetes
- Glaucoma testing – diagnosis of an eye condition that damages the optic nerve and can cause a loss of vision
- HIV vision exams – diagnosing a range of eye problems common in people with HIV that can lead to other serious conditions
- Prescription glasses – eyewear that corrects typical vision problems
- Contact lenses – a lens that is placed directly on the eye’s surface that can correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism
- Frames – affordable, stylish frames that give you the look you want
- Lens tinting and coating – anti-glare, solid tint, scratch-resistant, and more
- Multiple lens options – single-vision, bifocal, trifocal, progressive, and transition
We accept most insurance plans, too, and our doctors and staff have experience working with diverse segments of the community as well.
Legacy provides vision services in the same way we provide all of our health services: With care, compassion, and commitment, and an unwavering devotion to respecting and accepting everyone who comes through our doors.
Our Vision Services are just part of Legacy’s commitment to bring comprehensive wrap-around services to all of our neighbors and to open our doors, our arms, and our hearts to everyone in the community.