Ryan White Health Insurance Assistance Program
- How long am I eligible for assistance?
Your eligibility must be renewed annually on your birth month and self-attestation needs to be completed on half of your birth month (i.e., birth month-August, ½ birth month-February)
- What type of assistance can I get?
Legacy is able to offer assistance with HIV/AIDS related medication co-pays and deductibles as well as HIV/AIDS related doctor visits, lab visits, dental visits, outpatient procedure visits.
- Is there a cap limit per month on the assistance I am able to receive?
No, there is no cap limit.
- Is co-pay/deductible cost-sharing assistance guaranteed?
We cannot guarantee assistance to anyone; assistance is dependent on funding availability.
- What items are INELIGIBLE through the co-pay/deductible cost-sharing assistance program?
Inpatient hospital bills or emergency visits are not eligible for assistance. Non-covered services or Out-of-Network provider visits are also not eligible for payment (e.g., if your provider orders labs or a procedure not authorized by your insurance company, these are your responsibility).
- WHEN do I request assistance?
You must request assistance 5-7 days in advance. This will allow us enough time to process your request. Please allow 24-48 hours before following up with the pharmacy or with the Co-pay Coordinator in regards to your request.
- HOW do I request assistance?
You can submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 713-520-7520.
- What am I responsible for paying?
This is a cost-sharing program so as long the outpatient service is covered by the insurance, Ryan White cost sharing program will pay for the co-pays and deductibles on behalf of the patient .
- Who funds the health insurance cost-sharing program?
Legacy receives Federal and State Ryan White grant funding that is administered by The Resource Group and Harris County HIV Services.
Resource Group- 500 Lovett Blvd., Ste. 500, Houston, TX 77006, Phone- (713) 526-1016
Harris County HIV Services: 2223 West Loop South, Ste. 417, Houston, TX 77027, Phone- (713) 439-6033
Insurance Assistance Team
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 832-548-5111
- Fax: 713-520-7520