Workshop topics include:
- Basics of HIV infection/definitions of HIV and AIDS
- Stress management and nutrition
- Disclosing HIV status to family and friends
- Illustrated demonstration of how HIV reproduces in the body & how anti-viral medications work against it
- Discussion of currently approved medical treatments
- Referrals to local community services, including treatment, support groups, case management and more
- Discussion of safer sex practices
Legacy welcomes the participant’s friends, family, or spouse/partner to attend along with the participant.
To sign up for an upcoming workshop, contact the Next Step© Coordinator at 281-628-2002.
This service is free to any HIV-positive person.