Legacy L.I.G.H.T Program – Leaders Inspiring Growth, Heart, & Transformation
A workshop-based program for Legacy clinicians to maintain organization-based competencies, engage around medicine-based educational topics, innovate in a collaborative manner, and provide an outlet to develop and share special skills.
Legacy Clinicians have the opportunity to participate in six Legacy LIGHT Power Hours each quarter. Power Hours fall into one of five categories, and clinicians are compensated for their time.
Power Hour Categories:
- Professional Development—i.e., Journal Club, Spanish Boot Camp, Managing Difficult Patients, Deprescribing Benzodiazepines.
- Clinical Operations Training Support—i.e., E&M training support, Provider Dashboard Training, Medication Module Updates
- Clinician Wellness—i.e., Physician Work-Life Balance, Physician Coaching
- Maintenance of Licensure—i.e., Ethics-specific CME
- Clinician-Elected Workgroups—Submission process for clinician ideas; i.e., Family Practice Hypertension Management Workgroup
“Ask a Provider”
A support system created through Microsoft TEAMS, where providers can ask for a curbside consult through “Ask A Provider” for identified specialties such as “Ask A Pediatrician,” “Ask an OBGYN,” “Ask a Dentist,” etc. It allows for quick check-ins with colleagues and generates discussion around different ways to practice.
A resource for our providers, which helps support and sustain the care and services they offer to our community. The support necessary to maintain self-care is vital to our ability to optimally serve our patients.
Infrastructure that supports Provider needs in real time with opportunities for 1:1 coaching—plus opportunities for connecting with colleagues outside of work:
“Ask a Provider”
LIGHT – Leaders Inspiring Growth Heart and Transformation
Medical Leadership Structure
In addition to our Primary Care, Dental, Vision and Behavioral Health services, Legacy offers the following programs and services:
Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH)
- Legacy’s Little Readers
- Houston Methodist
- OB2Pedi Program
- Public Health – Patient Education
- Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Program