The annual contest also features 20 Legacy award finalists.
By Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health could not be more proud to be the recipient of five Gayest & Greatest reader’s choice awards by OutSmart Magazine. Twenty other Legacy individuals and services landed finalist spots in the 2020 annual award season, including the Communications and PR teams’ own Barrett White, for his work on this very blog.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to be honored by the community in this way,” says Katy Caldwell, CEO of Legacy Community Health. “Legacy was founded as the Montrose Clinic, a clinic by and for gay men. As we’ve grown into the full-fledged health center network we are today, a core part of our ethos is that we provide quality care with a thoughtful approach for our LGBTQ community.”
The five awards presented to Legacy this year are:
- Best Community Healthcare Provider
- Best Pharmacy: Legacy Community Health – Montrose
- Best Female Psychiatrist: Melanie Melville, MD
- Best Female Physical Trainer: Felicia Lee-Sexton
- Best Gym/Place to Workout: Body Positive at Legacy
The 20 Legacy runners up this year are:
- Best COVID-19 Testing Site: Legacy Montrose
- Best Female Mental Health Therapist: Tierra Ortiz-Rodriguez, LPC
- Best Female Mental Health Therapist: Betsy Vasquez, MAMHC, LPC
- Best Female Physician: Jennifer Feldmann, MD
- Best Female Physician: Natalie Vanek, MD
- Best LGBTQ Social Media Account
- Best LGBTQ Website
- Best Male Eye Doctor: Scott Sawyer, MD
- Best Male LGBTQ Businessperson: Ruston Taylor, Senior Director of Pharmacy Services
- Best Male Mental Health Therapist: Ryan Viviano, LCSW-S, LCDC
- Best Male Physician: Mark Levine, MD
- Best Male Psychiatrist: Pedro Bustamante, IV, MD
- Best Male Psychiatrist: Chad Lemaire, MD
- Best Virtual Healthcare Appointments: Legacy Montrose
- Favorite HIV/AIDS Support Organization
- Favorite LGBTQ Benefit of the Year: Mint Julep
- Favorite LGBTQ Blogger: Barrett White
- Favorite LGBTQ Philanthropic Organization
- Leading Female Fundraiser: Chree Boydstun
- Leading Male Fundraiser: Timmy Martinez
Legacy has brought home numerous Gayest & Greatest awards in previous years, including Best Community Healthcare Provider and Favorite HIV/AIDS Support Organization. Last year, Legacy’s Montrose Pharmacy also took the top award for Best Pharmacy.
Legacy thanks the community for this year’s nominations and votes, and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.