Public voting for OutSmart Magazine’s annual reader’s choice awards runs through August 30, 2020.
By Legacy Community Health
How about some good news?
The world may feel as though it’s gone upside down in 2020, but here’s a reason to smile: OutSmart Magazine’s Gayest & Greatest Reader’s Choice Awards are back. Voting is online and open to the public on OutSmart’s website. This season, Legacy Community Health is nominated in a whopping 29 categories – and we couldn’t thank the community enough.
In 2019, Legacy was honored with the awards for Best Pharmacy and Best Community Health Center. We also took home the honor of runner-up Favorite LGBTQ Benefit of the Year for Mint Julep (which is nominated again for 2020).
Our appreciation for these nominations is boundless. The recognition of these nominations from our own community is truly special to all of us: Legacy CEO Katy Caldwell, nominated for Favorite Female Community Hero, has been a powerhouse in various realms of LGBTQ+ health care and equality for over 40 years. Dr. Scott Sawyer, nominated for Favorite Male Eye Doctor, has been with Legacy serving the community through the Frost Eye Clinic in our Montrose location since Frost was founded. Dr. Jennifer Feldmann, nominated for Favorite Female Physician, is known for her Gender Care work and was recently awarded a Gold Certification from the Adolescent Health Initiative. Barrett White, nominated for his work on the Legacy blog (Favorite Local LGBTQ Blogger), is a community member himself and has worked tirelessly to use Legacy’s blog to bring greater awareness to the health concerns of the LGBTQ+ community; just to highlight a few of our esteemed nominees.
We are proud to share with you the categories in which Legacy has been nominated:
- Favorite LGBTQ Benefit Event of the Year – Mint Julep
- Favorite LGBTQ Philanthropic Organization – Legacy Community Health
- Favorite LGBTQ Social Organization – mSociety
- Best Local LGBTQ Website – legacycommunityhealth.org
- Favorite HIV/AIDS Support Organization – Legacy Community Health
- Best Male LGBTQ Business Person – Ruston Taylor, Pharmacy
- Best LGBTQ Social Media Account – Legacy Community Health
- Favorite Local LGBTQ Blogger – Barrett White, External Communications Specialist
- Favorite Female Community Hero – Katy Caldwell, Chief Executive Officer
- Leading Female Fundraiser – Chree Boydstun, Chief Development Officer
- Leading Male Fundraiser – Timmy Martinez, Senior Director of Development
Health & Beauty:
- Best Community Health Services Provider – Legacy Community Health
- Best Male Eye Doctor – Dr. Scott Sawyer
- Best Female Physician – Dr. Jennifer Feldmann
- Best Female Physician – Dr. Natalie Vanek
- Best Male Physician – Dr. Mark Levine
- Best Physical Therapist – Felicia Sexton
- Best Pharmacy – Legacy Community Health Pharmacy
- Best Mental Health Therapist/Psychiatrist – Dr. Melanie Melville
- Best Mental Health Therapist/Psychiatrist – Dr. Pedro Bustamante
- Best Mental Health Therapist/Psychiatrist – Dr. Chad Lemaire
- Best Female Mental Health Therapist – Tierra Ortiz-Rodriguez, LPC
- Best Female Mental Health Therapist – Betsy Vasquez, LPC
- Best Male Mental Health Therapist – Ryan Viviano
- Best Gym/Place to Work Out – Body Positive at Legacy Community Health
- Best Female Personal Trainer – Felicia Sexton
- Best COVID-19 Testing Site – Legacy Community Health – Montrose Clinic
- Best Rapid COVID-19 Testing Site – Legacy Community Health – Montrose Clinic
- Best Virtual Healthcare Appointments – Legacy Community Health – Montrose Clinic
Voting is open to the public and runs through August 30, 2020. You can cast your vote on OutSmart’s website here.
We love you, Houston! Thank you for your support!