Becoming a Mom/Comenzando bien©
Becoming a Mom/Comenzando bien© is the March of Dimes comprehensive prenatal program designed for pregnant women in a supportive group setting. The information provided is designed to improve participants’ chances of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Nine sessions, offered in both English and Spanish, present information on prenatal care, nutrition, stress, things to avoid during pregnancy, labor and birth, postpartum care and newborn care.
The topics for these sessions are as follows:
- Session 1: You and Your Pregnancy
- Session 2: Prenatal Care
- Session 3: Eating Healthy During Pregnancy
- Session 4: Stress During Pregnancy
- Session 5: Things to Avoid During Pregnancy
- Session 6: The Big Day: Labor and Birth
- Session 7: Caring for Your Baby
- Session 8: Postpartum Care
- Session 9: Graduation and Baby Shower!
The classes allow women the opportunity to connect with other mothers in a similar situation. Legacy offers the program in a variety of settings, including specific Legacy clinic locations and community-based organizations.