Become a Teen Health Ambassador
Looking for a fun, flexible and meaningful way to get more involved in your own health and wellness – and helping other teens better understand and engage in their health and wellness? As a Legacy Teen Health Ambassador (THA) you will be able to do just that. We’re looking for teens across Greater Houston, Baytown, Beaumont and Deer Park to become THAs. All THAs who participate in at least three activities are entered in a chance to win gift cards and other prizes.
WHAT: THAs volunteer for a one-year term and participate in at least three in-person or virtual activities. Activities include:
- Take part in online surveys and focus groups to provide feedback on health care services, topics for website content, ad campaigns, and more
- Volunteer in events like fun runs, fitness challenges, health fairs, and donation drives
- Participate in educational videos (as “actors”) and photo shoots
- Write blog posts (shared on Legacy Teen Well page and blog)
- Lead health activities at your school or club
- Summer internships (paid and unpaid opportunities, must be 18 years of age)
- PLUS, you’ll gain valuable skills and experience, and be part of creating healthy change for teens in our community!
HOW: THAs must apply for a spot and must have a signed approval form from a parent/guardian. If you are interested in applying, email Marketing@LegacyCommunityHealth.org
WHEN: Applications for 2024 will be open in November 2023