Become a Legacy Teen Health Ambassador (THA)! Now accepting applications through February 1, 2024.
Looking for a meaningful, flexible and fun way to get more involved in your own health and health care – and to help other teens and community members do the same? As a THA, you’ll gain valuable skills and experience, make some new friends and future career connections, and become part of creating healthy change for teens in our community!
Who is eligible to become a THA?
While tweens and teens from anywhere are welcome to participate in designated “open to all” THA activities, in order to be a THA you must be between 13-18 years old, live in Alief, Baytown, Beaumont, Deer Park or Houston, submit a THA application and be accepted as a THA.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form via this link by February 1, 2024.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent on February 28, 2024.
- As this is our first year of the THA program, all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria listed above will be accepted!
- PLEASE NOTE: Upon being accepted as a THA, you will be sent a Parent/Guardian THA Participation Approval form which must be signed by a parent/guardian and you.
What are the THA requirements and activity options?
THAs volunteer for a one-year term and participate in at least three in-person or virtual activities (see below) over a one-year term. Our first year of THA term will run from March 1, 2024 – May 31, 2025. Following years will run from June 1 – May 31. There are NO membership fees and there is no payment for participation. Letters can be requested to track volunteer hours.
Activities include the below; however, we anticipate adding activities as the year progresses:
- Take part in online surveys and focus groups to provide feedback on health care services, topics for website content, ad campaigns, and more.
- Volunteer at events like fun runs, fitness challenges, health fairs, and donation drives.
- Participate in educational videos and photo shoots.
- Write blog posts shared on Legacy Teen Well page and blog.
- Lead health activities at your school or club.
- PLUS, you may apply for summer internships as they are available (paid and unpaid opportunities, must be 16 years of age).